Pages

Apr 18, 2009

Take that canSON rep!

So the Canson paper reps came. I don't think they could have BEEN anymore american. They said canSON, haha. Really strong accents, it's funny XD.

Anyway, they gave us a rundown on canson, sorry canSON papers and the company. You could tell they were salesman... I hate those kinds of practiced and rehearsed scenarios, with the powerpoint presentations.. BLAH. We aren't buisness people, we're freaking artists! We don't need to be sold on paper... anyway!
The point is, I took that opportunity to mention my distaste in the horrible Canson fanboy comic board packaging design.
If you haven't seen that crap, check it out: http://www.fanboypaper.com/
Quality paper, belittled.
Protraying comic artists as fat ugly nerds.

Anyhoo, so I told them it was embarrassing to purchase and it was belittling. They yammered on about how they have done surveys and 94% of people found them funny, blah blah.
Don't try and sell me that line! I buy your products, where was this survey? I didn't see it!
Who was it directed at? Little anime nerds ages 7-13 no doubt. Not professional comic artists, thats for damn sure.
wa wa wa

2 comments:

  1. Jeez, I would never buy something that looks so stupid. I'm a very big Canson user and thank God, we get the European representation which as far as I've seen takes itself more seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen them, it's so weird!

    I think I missed your bday. :( Happy belated!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...